CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'm saaaaailiiiiiiing aaa-way

Finally! Going for a cargo run today at 11am.. that means we're going to a rig to bring them supplies.

Around there, we (rov people) have a job to do too. There should be a 4 hours window of not-too-big-a-surge so we might be able to do it.

Average waves here in winter are 5-6m! (yayks!) and in the next few days it might go to 11-12m (re-yayks!!!) Like they say "that's where I'll know if I get sea sick or not" :P

What that means is: we only have 3-4 jobs, of a couple of hours each, to do in the 28 days shift, because more than half the time the weather does not allow us to go on deck. When that happens, and I quote, "you eat till you're sleepy and you sleep till you're hungry".. and watch movies the rest of the time...

who said this job was hard??? (ok, rigs are another pace alltogether, but I'm not on a rig yet :P)

I've learned to make monkey fists yesterday (now don't be a perv... it's a type of knot that makes a ball... makes whatever its attached too easier to grab with the manipulators)
and I completed some of the GAMMA maintenance (list of things to check on the rov daily, weekly, monthly...)

The internet on the boat is down (we only get it in the harbour anyway, but even that is down now) so I'm "stealing" the Quality Inn's wi-fi.. we're "parked" right by it :P

That's it for now, be back in port in a couple of days and I'll tell you all about my first trip out there...

:)

0 comments: