CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 8, 2009

countdown to the sea

I got an email Monday saying to be prepared to fly next week :)

I was suppose to get the details Tuesday.. that email never came... so this is speculation. I should be in St.Johns next week for 3-4 days, to do the 2 certs I'm missing (h2s + 2 days complementary water survival... I'll finally know if the rumors are true! will I be thrown in the ocean to get back on the raft or is it bs told to scare newbies off...).

Then I'll be sent offshore (probably, hopefully) right away. Where? that remains a mystery... somewhere East/North of Newfoundland, in the Atlantic, watching the icebergs go by... and NOT singing the Titanic song... unless there's a Romeo DiCaprio on board... then I just might... but I'll never admit to it!

I'm not so stressed anymore about what's in store for me offshore. Derek came back from his first job... and he said it was great! good people, no teasing, interesting work, he learned a lot, good food, good gym, a sauna to warm up, plenty of time to sleep and train...
then again, this is the guy who was able to find a good side to stupid jackass #1 so I'll keep some reservation about the wholesome greatness of the life offshore Mr Sunshine portrayed. But if it is like he said.. I'm gonna have fun out there.. can't wait to try it out :P

And no matter what, it's gotta be better than this :
;)

Montreal buried under yet another snow storm...

0 comments: