CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

take 2

I'm back in Montreal... 17 hours of transit for 15 hours in St.John's... my head is spinning a bit.

Because of the medical that was added in the morning I couldn't do the Water Survival... after trying to reschedule this week, it turned out there was no place available before next week. There was not enough work in the shop to justify my stay/wait until next Thursday, so I was sent home at 4pm yesterday.

That's where the fun began... The flight in St.john's was delayed for 4 hours because of ice rain and strong winds (more like monsoon winds I'd seen only in Utila before!). The incoming plane circled for 1h30, finally landed, we boarded and had to wait another 2h30 for conditions to improve before we could take off.

My seat was broken, didn't reclined and leaned to the left.. highly uncomfortable... good news is some people got fed up of waiting and left, so I ended up at the back of the plane with a row to myself... and a massive headache.

We left at the time we should have arrived in Toronto... yeah, Toronto....the flight was St.John's-To/To-Montreal... no direct flight mtl-St.John's, so the choices are through Halifax or Toronto, you be the judge of the logic route for me :S ... but I don't buy my tickets so I have no say on the choice of routes...

We arrived in To at 11:30pm, luckily there's a flight for Montreal just about every 10 seconds, so I was able to catch the last flight of the day at 12:30am. With de-icing and delays we landed in Mtl at 2am.... where I found out they had lost my suitcase!

Luckily I left my duffel bag with work clothes, PPE and competency books in St.John's, but all my regular clothes, bath products, combat boots and winter boots are in the suitcase!!! I had a fit of inspiration and decided to wear my running shoes and put my boots in the suitcase... making the 12h transit much more comfortable! .... but now they're all I have left :S so until that suitcase turns up, I'll be slip and sliding the sidewalks with cross trainers...

As for St.John's, a new schedule will be made and I should know this week my departure date "take 2" ...

0 comments: