CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 1, 2008

turkey weekend

The weekend was excellent!
Thursday I went to Derek's house and we watched movies. I prepared spaghetti sauce with turkey.. so I guess it counts as Thanksgiving dinner :P

Friday morning I experienced Black Friday... I was expecting violence, curses, people beating each other up over a parking space or a Tickle Me Elmo... I went to Lakeside Shopping Center in Metairie. The parking was full and people were driving around at a crawl... but no gunshots were fired.

On the other side of the Mall's street was a bunch of non-mall stores and their parking lots were empty... guess where I parked :) Good thing Americans are allergic to walking...

I got in the mall, bracing myself.. what did I see? bunches of shiny happy people holding hands, skipping merrily under white clouds of warm snow, singing carols in harmony and smiling as Santa's little helpers handed out candy and hot chocolate. ok... maybe some of that might be a just a tad embellished... but for real, people were all happy and non-fighting :S what the hell?

So apparently it's only at Walmart that people kill each other over a 5$ discount... since I'll never set foot in a Walmart, I'll assume it's true, will call it natural selection and leave it at that :P

Next post, coming soon: Sweeeeet hooome Aaalabama!

0 comments: