CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 1, 2008

sweeeeet hooome AAAlabama!

A morning of shopping was enough. I renewed my supply of VS and found the last things on my xmas list for the buddies back home. Victoria doesn't do discount, even on Black Friday, but they were giving out a really cool black tote bag and samples of their beauty line. Yay :P

I met up with Ben (who was coming back from Florida) just out of New Orleans, parked my car at a post office and rode with him to Gary's place in Eastaboga, Alabama. We made good time even with the pouring rain that kept falling the whole way there. We saw at least 25 cars in the ditch, a bunch of multi-crash... and a cop stuck in the mud in the median... that last one made Ben's day :P

Saturday we went to Jeff's house (Gary's bro) to watch the Alabama vs Auburn football game and drink "a little" (Gary has a fondness for Jagermeister so we experimented with mixed drinks... Red headed slut and tweaked Sex on the Beach :P). We met his mom, who is a GREAT cook!!! Turkey stuffed with duck stuffed with ham stuffed with sausage, jello-cookies,chocolate chips cookies, fudge, coffee cake, the best cheese dip in da world, broccoli salad and baklavas.. all home made all CRAZY good!!!

Gary's whole family is just awesome! Friendly, nice people, who were happy to have us there, and that I'll be glad to see again next time I'm around here. We played with the pooch and kitten, watched the game, then I fought dragons on the computer and made paper planes for Blake, Jeff's 9yo son, and Ben got his ass kicked by him at Connect Four ;)

I wish I had pictures of Jeff's beautiful house, Gary and Twila's baby boy and all the family, but I forgot my camera :S.. All I have is a couple of shots taken with my cellphone :(

When we left, Blake asked me for a strand of my hair... Either he's seen Lord of the Rings one too many times and thinks I'm Galadriel, or he has a voodoo doll and weird things are gonna start happening to me soon :P

On the way back to Morgan City, I stopped by New Orleans for dinner at the Gumbo Shop. Their crawfish etouffée is just mental! so is the pecan pie! I walked Bourbon street a last time, until next time... then it was back to reality and the wonderful Days Inn...

In a nutshell, this weekend was all about food and fun... which is what life is all about no? ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me get this straight... You get on the road after what seemed to be a very large feast at your buddy's family's place... To stop at a Gumbo place?

And the doctor says: This trip is going to kill you.

Anonymous said...

lol!

The ride from Gary's place to NO takes 5 hours... I wasn't that hungry still but I twisted my own arm ;)