CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, September 28, 2008

skeleton in St-Lambert


I just finished Katy Reich's first novel, Deja Dead (she's the woman who inspired the TV show Bones.. though the books have very little in common with it).

Beside being entertaining enough, the book has another very cool fact.. it takes place in Montreal, in the districts where I hang out most, and in St-Lambert where I live! Ms Reich lives in Mtl part time, and it shows, all descriptions are flawless... down to the last Shish Taouk joint!

The only mistake I found was the monastery in St-Lambert where they recover a buried body (no idea where or what that is, but I figure it's intentional). She also mentions that some place was a bar that closed 6 years ago... there isn't and never was any bars or clubs in St-Lambert, a municipal law forbids it.... St-Lambert is a cosy, upscale little "village" and the people here do not want to see their pristine lawns disturbed by drunken idiots. :P

So all n all a nice little page turner if you have, like me, an interest for serial killers. :)

0 comments: