CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 26, 2008

3..2..1..

The paperwork has been received, completed and sent back. I'm officially an Oceaneering employee!!!

They had in mind October 8th for my first job, but my OPITO survival certs are not enough :S I'll need to do a 5 days training in St.Johns NL before I can go anywhere (who said OPITO was the most complete??? I've been had! :S)

Oceaneering works with Petro Canada and Husky Oil... so I'll end up on a rig for one of those 2 very soon. Depending on what type of platform I'm on, the rotation will be 28/28 or 21/21 days. 3-4 weeks work, 3-4 weeks home.. I can definitely live with that! :)

And the pay is... well the pay is... hehehehihihahahoho (that's me laughing all the way to the bank). I'm still stuck paying taxes though, so I might laugh a little less when I get my first pay check...

Now that the pressure of getting that first job has lifted, it can give way to "ho-my-god-will-I-be-any-good-at-this" + "what-the-hell-was-I-thinking-going-into-a-workfield-involving-powertools-when-I'm-a-clumsy-twit" and "how-on-earth-will-I-fare-in-the-middle-of-nowhere-surrounded-by-boys-who'll-all-think-I-don't-belong-there"...

I still don't know where I'll be going, but it sounds like it could be anywhere... not just offshore Labrador or Newfoundland. I have to call the "dispatcher" on Wednesday, and she'll tell me when my training will be and when(where, what, who, why) I'll start my first rotation.

So, yeah, more wait... *sigh*

good news though: Mui, we're going South in Feb for sure!!! I'll have both $$$ and time :)
and more good news, if I'm good at this and don't get fired after 3 days and if the economy keeps on crashing I might be able to get a condo and my boat at the same time next year! *happy dance*

2 comments:

Zygoth said...

Wooooouuuuuuuuuhoooooooouuuuuuuuu!

Congradulation again! Heeeeeeeeha!

You're not a princess anymore, you're a god damn Queen!

Anonymous said...

yep, queen of the fuckin universe!!! ;)