CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 20, 2008


Last night I had the kinda dream I could gladly go without...

I was in a sort of aquarium center, where you could try diving in full gear: surface supply, dry suit, helmet. I had registered to it with J, but arrived late, so they rushed me in a suit and just said, "you go down the ladder and dive". J was already in, I could see him walking like an astronaut towards deeper water.

I followed the instructor and went under. There was a platform at 3m and then you slipped from it and went deep. On the platform, my helmet started filling with water. I realized I didn't know how to purge it, so I tapped the instructor and hand signaled "water rising in helmet" but he just looked at me dumbly and signaled me to keep on going.

By that time the water was almost to my nose and I had to keep my head tilt back to breath. I turned around and went back, all the while trying to tell the instructors "hello! I'm about to drown here!!!" but no one helped.

I came out of the water and try to remove the helmet that was still full of water. I had realized by then that they hadn't hooked up the air supply to it so not only was I nose deep in water, but O2 was getting scarce. As I was thinking I would soon pass out and die, someone finally removed it.

I told the guy the helmet was leaking and he should have it checked, but he looked at me like I was a complete idiot and whispered to a staff girl "just put it back with the others".
All the people there were looking at me with smirks on their faces, like I was just a panicky little twit. I tried to tell them that water had been leaking in and nearly drowned me, but no one believed it.

I took off the suit and sat on a bench, a bit in shock. I was putting my stuff in a bag when J came out. I looked at him, wanting to tell him what had happened, hoping for some support, but he went straight for a food table on the other side of the room to flirt with a faceless blond and never turned towards me.

Then I woke up, laid still for a couple of seconds, and said... tab******

0 comments: