CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

No point arguing against the gods

Bottine lost a shoe :(


I've been trying to renew my passport for two weeks...

I completed the forms online Monday August 25th, but no way I'm paying express post, the passport itself is expensive enough, so I want to deliver the papers in person.

Tuesday Aug 26th, my dad's car went in the shop... so daddy took mine without telling me. Everybody else was gone, so I was on foot. The car was supposed to be back next day, but the ol' clunker is falling apart and I only got mine back Friday night :S

The passport office is closed on weekends, and Monday was Labor Day... Tuesday I tried to go, but got impeded for 45min with road blocks and traffic and arrived too late, Wednesday was a furnace so I decided not to go breath acrid fumes downtown... and today... I BLEW I TIRE!!!! I didn't even make it to the bridge!!!

I was taking the exit ramp towards the bridge, and suddenly all went RRRR, bumpbump, RROOOOOR, BUMPBUMPBUUUUUUMP. I stopped on the side of the road, in the curb, with barely 2 inches on each side, metal guard ramp on the right, heavy traffic on the left. :S

I didn't have enough room to repair the tire (back, right side) and after checking it, there was no point in trying.. the whole thing was ripped to shred! Since I have the smallest car in the world, there's no space for a spare tire, but I have a repair kit, with filling/sealant gel... easy to use, works well for a puncture, but pretty useless when the hole is the size of the Grand Canyon! :(

I called a towing, and they took me to the dealership... 1:30h and 200$ later, I have a new tire (luckily, the towing is covered by Mercedes, or it would have been 320$ !!!).

The passport office is now, of course, closed, so I'll have to try tomorrow... after checking if I can still afford the 90$ for renewal since I'm an unexpected 200$ lighter :(

Is the universe trying to tell me something? A very subtle message like DON'T RENEW YOUR PASSPORT JUST YET DUMBASS!!! but why? Am I gonna get a job in two days that will send me across the world?
If so yay! but if not I'll have to go and kick some bored god's ass.. I will not be entertainment for the AllMighty capice?!

0 comments: