CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 8, 2009

numbers game

I've been looking at a couple of condos I'd like to live in, right smack in downtown Montreal and some in the surrounding areas no more than 20 blocks away from the center of my universe aka corner of St-Denis/Sherbrooke st, trying to figure out if I could afford the price... under 250 you don't get much more than a closet and I need SPACE!!!!

Now that I have all the associated expenses figured out, the answer is.... I don't know!!!

I'm playing with numbers and it changes a lot depending on how I look at it... I do work only 6 months of the year, but I also don't spend a dime during those 6 months, for the simple reason that I'm in the middle of the ocean, away from any store, restaurant or coffee shop :P...

Also... do I want a duplex I can rent out so half my mortgage gets paid by someone else :P or do I want a condo with pool, gym and roof patio where I can meet people and have parties...

Since both options are about the same price I'm listing the pros and cons and what is my maximum bottom line if I still want to have a life like travel, buy clothes, shoes and gadgets... all those primordial things ya know...

And in that line of thought... I have a serious commitment phobia when it comes to tying myself down to a bank for 10, 15, 20 or 25 years!!!! that means I really have to keep a steady income coming for a quarter of a century though hopefully, with a couple of raise, I might reduce that time significantly...

what to do what to do...

I. j.u.s.t d.o.n.'t. k.n.o.w.!!!!!

0 comments: