CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 24, 2009

Bill remnants

Bill has passed with no major harm but he left some wave action... we're still at 5m swell, so the sub is in the water and will stay there for a while.

Watching the Newfoundland news this morning was interesting... "So the storm has only brushed us and is now heading out to sea, so it's all good"
yeah... all good... thanx... :S *grabbing the walls so I don't end up on the floor*

It didn't look too bad when I came out of the van at 6am, but we're high up so perspective is deceiving. I walked around the rig, a hand on my about to blow off hard hat. I thought it was nothing, bit of wind, bit of rain, bit of ok, mighty big waves, until I got on the SW side, where there's no big structure to block the wind :P yaiks!! I was suddenly walking twice as fast, with the help of some windy gusts pushing me forward.
Then I licked my lips and realized it wasn't raining after all... the water on my face was salt water, brought up from 30m below by Bill :/

I retreated inside and turned on cctv closed-circuit tv! to watch the moonpool live... funny, you see the wave coming on the screen and feel the heave 5 seconds later when it hits outside of the camera range

So that's it... wasn't too bad.. but now I'm curious to see what winter will be like :S

0 comments: