CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 15, 2009

hot? no, hawt!

On the HGR, we don't have to do laundry, the Transocean crew does it for us, we have mesh bags with a tag indicating our room number; we bring it to the laundry room and a couple of hours later it's hung on our door knob, with our stuff cleaned, dried and folded in it.... but
I never wash my clothes here cause they have industrial washer/dryer which tend to reduce clothes' lifespan from a year to about 5 minutes. I bring enough stuff so I don't need to.. I'm not THAT much of a slob... come on!

But yesterday I had new sheets on my bed... as in just out of the package still reeking of that comforting chemical dyes/petroleum smell... so I put them out to wash and decided to throw in a couple of pair of socks as a try out...

When I got them back, they looked like this :
They .... have .... MELTED!!!

You can boil tied up polyester and the creases become permanent as I've done many times to add texture to fabric for costumes but you do not get the hard pieces of plastic that my socks now have... The only way to achieve those is with a heat gun aka hot enough to melt paint! !!!

That gives an idea of the temperature in the dryer...

Am I glad I haven't put anything else to wash ya think? :S

0 comments: