CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 31, 2009

In memoriam

For the Montreal Canadiens' 100th anniversary, the organisation was selling commemorative plaques that would be put at the new Centennial Place they've built by the Bell Center.

I figured it would make sense to get one for my grand-father, who was just about as old as the club itself.. making him their oldest fan, for the longest time.

The plaques have finally been laid out... and I stopped by to see it yesterday.

When I ordered it, I asked them if they could place it by Maurice Richard's statue my grand-pa's favorite player of all time... the guy wasn't too convince they could, but incredibly they remembered and did it!

So here it is... a token of the Ferland's family "fandom" set in stone for History :P

that's where it is


That's what it says:
In memory of
Jacques Ferland
unconditional fan
from 1912 to 2007

My mom and uncles were very moved (I didn't tell them I was doing this), I just feel it's right :P

2 comments:

. said...

Arrête donc toi !!
J'ai les yeux tout pleins d'eau !
C'est donc bin cool et touchant !

Bluefairie said...

mon grand-pere c'tait leur #1fan! fallait souligner la chose tse :P