CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARG

You'd think that after 20+ years of living 5 minutes away from LaRonde (host of L'international des Feux Loto-Quebec*) I would remember that the Jacques Cartier bridge closes at 8pm every Saturday of July and August... Seems that this fact hasn't penetrated my thick skull yet, and what was suppose to be a 15min drive to Mui's place turned into a 45min obstacle course, cause I didn't leave home early enough.
Victoria bridge was loaded with people like me trying to get on the island, and since half of downtown is closed to circulation because of one festival or another (plus a street sale and the whole "firework zone") it looked like a gigantic parking lot.

Add to that a freakin moron who started yelling at me because I looked pissed while he was crossing the street on a red light (i.e. his was red, mine was green and I was 2 inches from his shorts as in "move your fat ass you fuckin twat")... and I arrived at Mui's place begging for a Uzi.

St-Denis Street, aka center of my universe, has been taken hostage by the annual Just for Laugh Festival... the only fest I don't like. Mind you, the shows/galas are ok, it's all the street animation I can't take. I hate mimes! and I'm scared of clowns... and for some reason this festival attracts the worst kind of people... bunches of idiots from the suburbs, all excited to be in the big city to see the funnies. :S They just take too much space and act like drunken frat boys.

Passeport's entrance has been buried under a stage, where a dj was playing the Super Mario soundtrack without bothering to mix it... lovely... I have pics, I'll put them up tomorrow, now I'm going to BED!!!

Good news is, it only last a week so my universe should be back to normal next weekend :D


*For those of you, outsiders, who do not know, it's a massive fireworks competition that takes place on St-Helene island. A different country every weekend, 30 minutes of bangs that can be seen from the JC bridge, the Old Port, loads of parks on the south shore and the roof of my house :P

0 comments: