CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 14, 2008

A day at the Parc

Ho.. errr.. hi there! sorry, don't have any apple left... ho ho...

As we usually do every summer, Sonia, her kids and me went to Parc Safari today :D

We couldn't have asked for better weather!!! sunny, some clouds, just cool enough so the animals are active but we still want to go in the pools.

I never get tired of walking around this place. It keeps getting better every year, as the new projects take shape... and it's just so nice to be able to get really close to animals you'd only see on tv otherwise.

My buddy Limba is back from Bowmanville, so the contest with my sister is on again to see who she'll love more :P (I should specify that Limba is a lovely 35yo Asian elephant, born in Thailand, but who now resides in Ontario during the winter, and at PS in the summer.) It's easy to win her heart really... ice cream, jelly beans, watermelon, apples... and a bit of trunk patting.

Robert, her keeper, asked me to bring Balou (my big fluffy white dog) one evening. Limba likes other animals... so it could make for some pretty wild pics! I know my dog has no problem with animals (he wanted to play with the Arctic wolfs!) but he's never met anything so big... should be interesting. :)

I took a bunch of pics today, of course, ... see the album on the right,
and if you want to see my zoo, go here

3 comments:

Ciri said...

Honnnnnnn! Balou should be very happy! :)
Cute animal in the car!!

I would go there with Fistounet!!

:))

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Mui, sorry bout that.. I realized that the vacances de la construction are next week.. so it will be overcrowded for the next 2-3. I didn't want the kids to wait that long before going.

We'll go back soon anyway, my dog has a play date with the elephant ;)