CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 20, 2008

All play and no work make Blue sumtin sumtin...

I re-read the emails I received from different companies for ROV jobs, trying to boost my mood. I didn't realize so many of them said they would contact me in July or August... I guess this week will be time to rewrite to them and ask where they're at in the contracts department.

I've never worked so hard to work... some websites are so depressing, especially UK ones, saying that if you're not an engineer or have a master degree in electronics you'll never get a job. But it has to be bs, there's loads of people working now who had no previous experience, they were just at the right place at the right time. And I know I'm more competent, serious, dedicated and... well... smarter than a lot of those clowns out there also applying for jobs... but now, how do I convince a company of that?

I am being denied everything I want in life... and I hate it. Yes I'm a spoiled brat. I got used to getting what I want with relative ease (except when it comes to guys, but that is a completely different issue), and this situation right now is driving me bonkers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Before I retired from manufacturing ROVs (including your Seaeye Falcon) I dealt with all the major ROV operators and can assure you that without a technical qualification, you will find it almost impossible to get work as a pilot/technician. The technician part is included in the job description to indicate that the pilot can also fix the ROV when it goes wrong - as they all do at some time.

Get some tecnical/ technician qualificion and work will follow - and well paoid work at that.

Anonymous said...

Thanx for the advice.. I do have qualification in electronics, just not an engineering degree.
I did a course that included piloting, electronics and maintenance for rovs.
I did repairs on a Falcon too.. those machines are so intuitive, it's easy to get them going again.

I'm not giving up.. I love this job, this is what I want to do and I will get there!