CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Hurricane


Holy shit I'm glad to have seen that!!! The show last night was insane! I hurt all over from dancing and jumping for 3 hours, and my voice has gone byebye, due to my screaming like an hysterical fan (no I am not a groupie... ok maybe just a little :P).

First the pot, than the flowers...

Ok, seriously, Bell Center, you HAVE to get organized and deal with the whole waiting in line without moving for 2 hours!!! For fuck sake! it makes no sense that people end up shoving and destroying the fences to finally get in, 30 minutes AFTER the show is suppose to start, creating complete anarchy outside. I've heard that it's always like that... it makes NO SENSE!!! especially when there was no security control whatsoever! (which is my other subject of frustration! Tabarnak, I could have sneaked in my camera so easily.. but I didn't bring it cause I thought they would strip search everybody like they usually do in big venues... live and learn they say)

So I took a couple of crapy pics with my cellphone. Some turned out ok, but considering that I was on the floor, 5 feet from Wyclef and Akon for half of the show, I can't imagine how many great poster quality pics I would have got with my real camera! grrr :S

The show opened with Sean Paul, who admitted having enjoyed the girls and clubs of Montreal the previous night... it became obvious quickly that he wasn't lying. The guy was hangover and.. well... sucked. He kept changing songs halfway through, couldn't remember the words... Yelling "yay Montreal" is fun to hear, but it's not enough to carry a crowd into hysterics. Too bad, I like his songs, but that was crap. It didn't help that the sound was awful too, all blurred and badly mixed.

Wyclef took over, he was his usual self, i.e. A FREAKIN GOD!!!! He arrived on stage with a Montreal Canadiens' shirt and a hockey stick :) Which he later give to a 7 yo boy he saw in the seats not far from the stage... he saw the kid, went in the bleachers, took him back on stage and traded shirts with him!

His show lasted about 5 seconds! (or it seemed to... my cell said an hour but I think it's lying). He climbed on his bodyguard's shoulders and went through the crowd for half of it. Confettis fell all over for Carnival and the whole Bell Center was dancing, jumping and going nuts!
He revisited the Fugees, and all in all did about two and a half songs from his albums, the rest was free style (even in Spanish! :P) and a big party that charmed everybody.
I heard girls in the bathroom afterward saying "That was incredible, Akon is gonna have a hard time keeping up... who was that Wyclef guy?!"

So way too quickly it was Akon's turn... it began with a movie about him being turned down at the border and then highjacking the plane to come back. He dropped on stage from the ceiling with a parachute :P

The show was good, a balanced mix of old and new songs, but all the tech stuff was a bit of a rhythm breaker. He flew over the crowd in a harness, to go from platform to platform (one was right beside me, which he flew onto for Mama Africa yay!) and a stripper pole, stripper included, came down from the ceiling for "I wanna love you" (yes, I wanna LOVE you... the censored version!!! wtf?!?! who cares if the show is not 18+, you're in Canada man, people don't care about the word fuck!!!) Must admire the double message here... singing "love you" instead of "fuck you" not to shock anybody, while an almost naked woman is shaking her ass on a pole in front of him... what-ever.

Over all it was great, and what a piece of eye candy that guy is!!! He got seriously molested by a crowd of girls every time he got close to them (on the platforms, flying over us and on his bodyguard's shoulders). He can sing and entertain too :P but he has obviously realized that the money is with hysterical girls and he's milking it for all its worth.

Wyclef joined him for the end of show party (to performed "Sweetest girl" the way it was meant to be) and brought back some of that Carnival spirit with him. That turned the floor into a huge dancefloor, arms in the air, screaming and jumping (and some cat fighting to get closer to the guys :P).

All in all a very good show, worth more than the price of the ticket!

0 comments: