CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

rov life

I got my return date today. They don't want me "wasting time" doing shop work here, so I'll do only the first week of piloting. My last day will be Friday Dec 5th, so I should fly home either that night or Saturday morning.

The shitty part is that this probably means I'll be spending Christmas in the middle of the Atlantic ocean. When I come home from a job, there is a 2 weeks mandatory break, but then I'm fair game to be sent anywhere. If I had done the shop work and left here on the 20th, I would have had the two weeks off right in the Christmas/new year Holidays.. but now I'll be "eligible" to leave on Dec 21st... ho well, better get used to it, for the first couple of years I'll be getting the shitty shifts no one wants... that's offshore life... :S but the pay check is worth missing the turkey ;)

And sometime in January I'll start on fixed rotation 3/3 or 4/4, so I'll be able to plan in advance.. and make sure I'm home for the playoffs in May!!! :)

I filmed Chris today (the singer that should definitely get a record deal asap!). I'll put the video online as soon as I can upload it.. it's heavy and the connection is crap.. bad combination...

0 comments: