CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 25, 2008

loaded

Saturday night turned out to be a roller coaster with a good and bad ending... does that make it neutral?

It started with the release party of Delayed Echoes, Marc's cd... champagne and good music. Check his website for a sample of it... smooth, ambient, reminiscent of Buddha Bar in a way but with a more theatrical approach.

I moved on to La Distillerie after to meet Mui, Alex and Viv for mega drinks. Tricky place this pub... the drinks are serve in huge Mason pot, 4oz of alcohol in each and taste like juice... 2 and you're gone-bye-bye. Which is just what we did :)

The rest of the night is a bit fuzzy... they went to Baloo's, I ended up at Passeport. Turned out loads of my friend had had the same idea, so the party was full on upon my arrival. There was a lot of dancing and shots. I learned that someone has been asking/talking about me... but I have no idea who. Apparently, I've seen him around a couple of time... which is a very bad sign cause, well, I have no idea who he is! If he was interesting, I'd remember him... it is so rare that I find someone I like... I tend to remember them when it happens. Anyway, that is a "to be continued" story.

Around 2:30am I left and drifted towards Mui's place (no way I was driving!) Once there I realized my cellphone was gone. I called it, no answer... so I retraced my steps all the way to Passeport, freaking out and calling with Mui's cell every 10sec. Got there just before closing, and the ever-so-nice staff checked around for it. When the lights went up, I looked on the dance floor, still calling, and someone answered! It was Alex, one of the doorman, who had just picked it up on the other side of the dance floor :) I am one lucky bitch :) ... and I really need to copy my contact list in an address book!


On my way out, I stopped by the door to talk to a couple of friends and some little drunken moron crash landed her wooden platform shoe right on my strappy sandals wearing left foot. Luckily, I was so drunk that the excruciating pain registered only as a footnote (HA-ha) in my brain. I walked back to Mui's place, but during the night, as the alcohol receded from my blood, the pain became more and more unbearable, to the point of waking me up. The next day I had trouble walking, the pain radiating all the way to my ankle. I eventually gave up trying to have a normal day and went home, put ice on it and watched tv.

Today, the top of my foot is blue, red and green, but it doesn't hurt so bad anymore, so I guess nothing's broken... I just saved myself a trip to the x-ray machine yay!

0 comments: