CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Week 2 on it's way


I was too busy sampling Whisky to write this weekend ;) ... so here it goes...

Friday night we (that is my classmates and me) had diner at the school and went out for drinks, first at the Croft for a couple of pints and then at the Grog and Gruel. There was a band playing (a guy on the guitar and one on the flute/bagpipes/drum) traditional Scottish music. Tom filmed with his phone... once I find how to transfer it to my computer I'll post it.
By that time Gareth and me started trying the different whiskys offered in this fine establishment :) He outdrinks me 3 to 1!!! never saw that! (I'll eventually have pictures of all my classmates/friends but, sadly, I have none from the weekend.. I didn't have my camera).

A bit later, the sexiest guy I have seen in my life entered the place. He must have figured out a way to have an invisible computer screen placed in front of him permanently... cause this kind of body only exist once reworked in photoshop for magazine's add... purrrrrfect!!!!
(details for girls only... he was tall (duh!), long blond hair a bit curly, full lips and awesome smile, baby face, the most incredible v-shape there ever was!!!, all muscles, and absolutely NO body hair :P.. -Mui, un peu le look a Jeremy, Marie-Lise.. babyface genre Robin a 18ans-)
He looked young, but considering that he was drinking I'll assume he was over 21... so I shouldn't get arrested... hehehe

Saturday I moved from the Ossian hotel to room 10 in the Underwater Center. I was hoping I'd be one of the lucky who has internet access in the room... I am!!! It depends how far the room is from the wifi signal.. and I'm right on top of it! Plus, I'm on the 3rd floor, where there is only 3 rooms.. so it's a lot quieter than on the 2nd floor... and my next door neighbor is a friend of Dustin, who told me about the Center last summer (it is a waaaaay too small world!!!!)!

We went out again that night, a bit more quiet though.. we tried the Station... turns out it's the bar where all the locals retards hangout.. so we didn't stay long and ended up at the Grog (think that's going to be "my" place for the remainder of the 6 weeks...).

Easter Sunday, I went to a real nice little cafe for scones (see pictures in the new album). Food rarely tastes as good as it looks... but in this case it did! yuuuummmm!!! A bunch of us then proceeded to find a pub that would show a specific football game (don't ask me which one... there's just too many teams and leagues and levels and whatever)... managed to find one a bit out of town. It was near a general store so I left them there to go get a couple of things I needed for my room (no matter how much I try, I just can't get excited about football... it can't compete with hockey :P)

We also did a bit of study for the exam on Monday morning... some of the guys we're starting to freak out about all the maths...
We're lucky, because Tom has a master's in electronics.. so he ends up being teacher to the rest of us (he only took the class as a refresher). He is from the Uk, so is Gareth, the rest of us are from Italy, Polland, France, Zimbaboue(!) and Canada (Kevin is from Nova Scotia).

So Monday was exam day... I got 95%!!! WEEHEE!!! (3rd highest grade.. both guys with a master degree in electronic got 100% :P)
At night I went swimming (haven't tried the giant slide yet.. it's always full of kids! :S) and then met the class for a celebrating pint :)
We changed teacher, we now have Vince.. a different rhythm.. he tends to throw a million things in 5 seconds, so you feel really stupid and don't get any of it, but then goes back and redoes all of it, with graphs and the circuit boards we practice on (pic on the album). It's a bit weird, but I guess I'll get use to it.

We started working on transistors.. recognizing the different kinds and what they do... so when I come home I'll be able to repair our LED Christmas lights if they ever break! (see mom? this course is really worth the price! ;) ). That's about all we've done so far this week... diodes, zener diodes, thermistors, thyristors, triacs... plug them on a board and measure the variations in voltage and current... all very useful if we ever need to repair a circuit in an ROV.. but completely useless too, because in real life no one repairs anymore, they just change the whole board...

1 comments:

17£ said...

So you see... it's all good...
Si jamais tu te tannes de la plongée, tu pourras être vendeuse-réparatrice en chef de la section lumière de Nowel chez Rona... (ça fait cher le cours pour apprendre ça mais bon...)
;-)