CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 9, 2008

Killer weekend it was!

It started with a trip to Cafe Chaos on Thursday night (ok, not officially weekend yet, but then Friday felt like Saturday so I gained one more day.... errr whatever).
I saw people I hadn't talked to in almost a year.. and got to somewhat give new starts to old stories. A nice wrap up before I leave for 2 months again :P

Then Friday was Gary's birthday. See pictures for the whole idea...
Another cool bunch I hadn't seen for ages! That's one thing I love with old friends and good people... no matter how long it's been since you've last talked, it takes about 2 seconds and it's like the months/years apart never existed.

I woke up Saturday feeling still kinda drunk :P and went to my favorite spa to celebrate International women's day properly... with an aromatherapy facial, new hair color.. and my first hair cut in 15 years!!! Luckily, my hair stylist likes long hair so instead of a drastic change (that would have given me a heart attack) we decided to just reshape my hair, to make them stronger without loosing a lot of length... it's a long term project.. we'll see in a year where I'm at.

I got out of there at 5pm... to face the worst blizzard in history! I brushed off the 3 feet of white crap covering my sister's car (I'm not crazy enough to take my lil shoe box when there's a storm warning) and moved on to Baloo's to catch the end of the hockey game with Mui. WE WON!!! AGAIN!!! The habs kick ass!!!!

I love hockey... it makes me happy... I need happy... it's awesome to be able to scream and laugh and swear with a crowd of strangers for something that has no consequences whatsoever on anything that matters. No war will be won or lost over it, no jobs found, no pay raised, the world won't stop turning... but for 2:30 hours, hundreds of thousand of people will focus on a common goal.. that the Montreal Canadians will score more than the other team and win. And if they do, everyone will be as happy as if they had won the game themselves. It's nice... I like that..

I drove home after the game... fighting the elements. Downtown Montreal had a post-apocalyptic look about it. There was a blackout on St-Denis, the stores and restaurants were all closed and dark, no street or signal lights, the snow was blowing side ways, visibility ranged from 15' to 3" depending on wind.. there was about 3 cars on the road and 2 lost souls on the sidewalk... I would have taken pictures, but decided to concentrate on not crashing the car instead. Driving felt more like ice-skating...

I only have 3 days left in town... and still a million things to do before I can board the plane :S
I'm back to writing packing-shopping-todo lists so I don't forget anything... good news is i don't have time to stress about leaving..
I'm at the "what the fuck am I doing this for" stage, that always happen before I leave for a long time. I hate leaving.. love arriving.. hate leaving...
This time though it's not tourism it's school.. so the "I'm too stupid to do this course" stage is well on its way too. Only time will tell if i am indeed too stupid or if I'll kick ass at it...

1 comments:

Zygoth said...

Ho yeah, so I'm stay on line to know about you're futur days...