CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 13, 2008

I finally got to Glasgow!!!

I now know where JK Rowling got her inspiration for the ministry of magic underneath London... it's Heathrow airport... I swear, everytime I stop there it got 3x bigger... by now it must be the exact size of the city of London, and exist on a different plan, right on top of it!

When you get out of the plane, you have to walk miles and miles of endless corridor, even the magic carpets don't make it seem shorter. Once you've reach the end on foot, you get in a shuttle, drive around for 10 minutes, then get off, walk some more, go up and down escalators walk more, hit a security check, keep on walking, stand in line for 1 km, more escalators, another security check where they take your prints and picture, then interrogation (and I tell you at that point she looked like a sphinx!), and finally.. more corridors :S

To make it even better they announce the gate only 30 minutes prior to boarding, and even so, managed to change mine 2 times!!! it was 8 then 7, then 79!!! A crazy house I tell you!!!

Once in the plane, we had to wait because some of the passengers didn't board, so they had to take their checked luggage out.. and once we were ready to go.. we couldn't... a loading truck staled right behind us... We ended up leaving an hour late. By then I had turned into a zombie so time didn't matter anymore.

But I made it to my hotel ok, and since I didn't want to sleep right away (fight the jetlag!!!!) I went and walked around the city.

It is beau-ti-ful!!! I managed to get around with no map and with only one street name in mind (Bath street, where my hotel is)... always a good sign :)

This place is a shopper paradise... so very dangerous for my wallet.. the SHOES!!!! ho man!!!! There's a long beautiful pedestrian street (like Prince-Arthur) full of awesome stores.. clothes, gadgets, bath products, spas... Buchanan Mall is like a really posh Eaton Center and the Princes Gallery, like a more relax Ogilvy... and did I mentioned the SHOES!!!! aarg... lucky I'm staying only two days here... temptation would have been overwhelming. :P

Other observations before I hit the bed...

Not only do people drive, but they walk on the left side too :P

There's way too many red heads.. I feel so.. normal? :S

I saw a 70yo Harry Potter (same glasses, same scarf! No wand or broom though :P)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be with you right now!!! Et tu dis que c'est moi le chanceux? :) Disons que nous le sommes tous les deux.
Beau calvaire à l'aéroport. J'ai oublié de te demander la durée de ton séjour?

Cool de te lire ma belle.

Sammy

17£ said...

"give a girl the right shoes, and she will conquer the world" ?
WOWWWW ! The shoe paradise, indeed.
My home country is the best !
:)
jas xx

Anonymous said...

hehehe... i took that pic just for you Jas ;)