CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

This week is flashing by!


I can't believe how fast this week is going!

I forgot to say a couple of things yesterday...
The Hogwarts Express only runs from May 19th to September, so I wont be able to ride it :(
It leaves from Fort William, and goes to Mallaig, twice a day. It passes on the bridge we see in the movie, and through most of the grounds used for the Hogwarts surroundings (including Hagrid's hut). I can still go to Mallaig, but in a regular train.. not the red, steam engine one... I plan to go soon, Mallaig was the setting of a trilogy I read, so I want to see the castle... :P

Also, the trail to Ben Nevis was used for the shooting of Braveheart! All the scenes from the village were filmed there.. you recognise the hills easily, even though the houses are not there anymore.

And I saw Gollum this weekend.. not kidding! He is married, has a kid.. and was visiting Fort William for the Easter Holiday. Actually it was Smeagol... he still had hair. The resemblance was such that I would have thought he was the actor who played the role... if it wasn't for the fact that Andy Serkis looks nothing like his character...
He must get that all the time though, cause even though I tried not staring at him too much, he realized I was looking and kinda shied away...

---------------------

In the classroom, I finally figured out how to follow the strange pace of our new teacher. I need my eyes to swivel independently like a chameleon, so one looks at the board and the other at my notebook. Then I need to split my brain in quarters, so one will hear and register what Vince is saying, one will control my hand to write notes, one will record what my eye on the notes sees so I don't write sideways and the other will read and record the board.... easy! shoulda thought of that sooner. :P

Seriously it's not so bad.. but you can't skip a beat or you're fucked. I looked down 2 seconds to check an inductor that was passing around and missed the definition of inductors... so for the next 15 minutes I kept wondering what L meant and who the fuck was Henri :P
(Inductors are represented by the letter L and their reactance is calculated in henries)
It's funny tough, every time Gareth gets frustrated cause the pace is too fast for him, he starts slamming things and throwing his head back... so I have a way to know I'm not the only one confused :P

Simone (Si-mo-nay.. Italian) took Monday's test again today and he passed! Good for him, but I wonder how he's gonna do this week. We get 3 chances to redo every exam if we fail them.

------------------------

I tried to find a Bodum this week.... because the Scots think that instant coffee really is coffee (are they insane?!) and that's all there is at the Center... even in the morning!!!!! aaaaarg... I can't live like this!!! need co-ff-ee!!!! So I went to buy a Bodum at the grocery store... didn't have any.. other grocery store... none... Woolworth... nope.. electric store? nada... Argos (a catalog order place like distribution aux consommateurs)... niet... every other tourist/outdoor equipment shops... non!!!! (I'm running out of way to say "on n'en a pas" so I'll stop there). There is not one place in Fort William to get a freakin' bodum!!!!! I have to try Inverness or Glasgow!

There are restaurants and coffee shops who serve really good lattes... but when they open I'm already in class :( My only resort for a half-decent coffee is *cough*... mcDonalds... :O
Now am I willing to step on my hatred of McD for coffee?... sadly I must say I went over to the dark side twice :(

---So please... friends who care---
---Send Bodum to the Underwater Center asap if you wish me to retain any sort of sanity!!!---
Underwater Centre
An Aird
Fort William
Inverness-Shire
Scotland
PH33 6AN

(and please include ground coffee with it... I don't trust those tea drinkers to make the difference between a coffee bean and a walnut)
thank you ;)

5 comments:

17£ said...

En veux-tu un pour vrai ? J'ai un truc du genre qui traîne... Depuis que moi et Rich avons acheté notre super Sunbeam 12 tasses électrique (whaaaaaatever) ce machin-là ne nous sert plus... C'est un semblant de Bodum, c'est un truc à café et expresso typique Italien, tu sais les trucs en métal que tu mets direct sur la cafetière ? Je peux te l'envoyer si tu crois que ça peut faire... let me know :)))

Bluefairie said...

ca marche pas.. don't have a hot plate to warm it on :(

Zygoth said...

Pis?? Y as-tu qqun qui vas t'en envoyer?

Anonymous said...

Pas sûre, mais ca risque d'arriver dans le grand Nord écossais en quelques morceaux....

Anonymous said...

hehehe ma super mum m'en a envoyer par la poste hier :)
Bien emballé dans des macaronis en styrofoam ca devrait arriver en un morceau
:D weeeeee c-o-f-f-e-e!!!