CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Airport madness



After a great night with the buddies, I finished packing and left this afternoon for Dorval airport.

I thought my huge suitcase was a bit heavy, but I took a chance... no can do, the lady at the desk told me it was too heavy and I had to shift things around..
To make it better, In London they are insane with security.. and we're only allowed one carry-on with us.. no matter how small or big. So laptop is one... backpack is two... I'm screwed.

I had to put the heavier stuff (aka, steel cap boots, alarm clock, chargers) in my faithful backpack and send him on its way.. with all the monstrous suitcase :(. I wonder if it will survive the ride.. I've seen what they do with the luggage, my mini-friend doesn't stand a chance. I'll be worried until I get out in Glasgow.. hopefully I'll have more than a pile of electric rubbish left at the end of the journey...

Since I got here really in advance.. hoping to secure an emergency exit with more leg room (failed, I'm stuck with the seat I booked over the net... so I got here early for nothing basically, except that I was able to take my time to repack everything), I now have nothing to do.. security went super quick.. we're not as insane as the States yet, I kept my shoes on!

So that's it, I'm at the airport, and bored out of my skull.. and I'm gonna change seat soon, cause a nice lil familly of 3 screaming kids just decided to sit right next to me :S

I can't wait to be in Glasgow and explore the town, it looks like a cool place.. with the biggest covered shopping area in Scotland.. right by my hotel... weehee!

0 comments: