CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Henry

I HAVE INTERNET!!!! IN THE ROV VAN!!! and also in the conference room right by my room :P
I'm writing during my lunch break, which is at midnight cause I'm on the night shift, 6 to 6... it's so freakin wonderful! I didn't even have to adjust my sleeping pattern :P With the time difference (1h30) it's like going to work at 4:30pm and finishing at 4:30am... the time I usually go to bed anyway :D

The gym, also right by my room, is fully furbished (woohoo), there IS a sauna (double woohoo!!!)
There's also a movie theatre (mostly to watch the hockey games), a tv (giant screen) room with leather couches, a babyfoot table and a hyperactive pastry chef in the cafeteria. The food is great and varied... so far no complaint... and the coffee is GOOD!!!!!!!!

My room is big enough, with 2 real beds in it! none of those stacked half shelves for hobbits we had on the boat. I share it with one the guys, but he's on days and I'm on nights so we're never there at the same time (there is no re-entering the room once you left for your shift). I even have a tv and dvd player on the wall.. and half of the channels are for the rig's cameras, including rov.. so I can watch the guys fly Mag33 around when I'm off :)

Only complaint, we can't drink the water... the pipes are rusty so the cold water is orange and yucky... kinda like in south america ;) so there's a gross abuse of bottled water.. with the plastic waste that goes with it. That problem should be solved eventually when they replace the pipes and treat the water to make it potable...

Ok, we're about to get a safety drill.. so that's it for now, more soon (and pictures cause I have my camera! weehee)

ho yeah, there's 142 people on board... 138 guys, 4 girls hehehehehe

1 comments:

Zygoth said...

Cool, t'es pas trop mal là ;) Wouhou!!!