CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Day of a thousand rainbows


The weather in Scotland is a bit of a joke...

A typical day would look like this :
Morning : pouring rain
1st tea break : full sunshine
2nd tea break : cover of clouds
lunch break : hurricane wind
afternoon break : snow storm falling sideways because of wind
end of class : full sunshine, not a gust of wind, not a cloud in sight, but raining on the other side of the lake

take all these options, mix them at will.. and voila.

But today, mother nature had her own April fool's joke set for us, and it broke every record of weirdness... All day we had pouring rain and bright sunshine AT THE SAME TIME!!! Don't ask me how it's possible it just was... the result of it was a thousand rainbows everywhere, all day! Over the lake, over the mountains, over the Center, over the town... everywhere I looked there was a rainbow (or 2 or 3 on top of each other!). Some were so close I was tempted to jump in the lake to find the pot of gold... but since leprechaun gold vanishes, I figured it wasn't worth getting wet for....

I forgot to mention too... Scotland has switch to British summer time, so there's a +5 hours difference with North America now :(

At the pub last weekend I was introduced to my new love... a pint of Guinness with a shot of TiaMaria in it.... love at first taste! :)

I'm getting a bit bored with the electronic stuff... we're playing with oscilloscopes and it's fun to make the waves all distorted... but enough of the theory I wanna flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!
At least we're starting logic gate soon (0110100101)..... so I'll officially be a geek, but I'll be allowed to wear the t-shirt "there's only 10 type of people.. those who understand binary and those who don't" :P (hey I find fun where I can.. humor me please...)

I received my Bodum in the mail today!!!! All in one piece, with coffee, and bits of Montreal's newspaper to read as a bonus ;)
THANX MOM!!!! You're the best!!!! *big hug*

0 comments: