CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, April 18, 2008

WTF?!

Ok, this has officially been the most fucked up week of my life (and that's saying something cause I've had some pretty weird ones before).

Vero, j'aimerais mieux que les parents ne lisent pas ce qui suit, mom va s'inquiéter et p'pa va acheter un gun...

Last weekend was heavy enough, starting with an argument with Jimmy (terminating that bit of the story) and culminating with the death of Mike. The whole week felt like a daze. Luckily my new ROV teacher, Rob, is funny as hell and a great story teller so during class my mind was occupied enough.

Yesterday was the last night of the SAT class (some are staying the weekend, but they finished all their exams Thursday afternoon). We went to Crofter to celebrate and even though we were about the only people in the place, it was still fun.

Here I need to add some background infos... Denzo, one of the divers, has had an eye on me from the start. He's the one who took all the pictures of me and Jimmy (there is a truckload more than the ones I put in the album :S) and I had to shut my bedroom door to his face more than once (including when I wasn't alone going in!). He txt me a lot, and him and Jimmy even called me from the bell, talking like two chipmunks because of the helium (in saturation diving the O2 is cut with helium).
He was a bit persistent (to say the least) but I made it very clear I wasn't interested. After a while he got frustrated and started calling me ROV instead of saying my name. He was becoming borderline rude, but still inviting me to dinner, tagging along everywhere I went... and never letting me buy my own drinks (or anything else for that matter... I haven't opened my wallet for a week and a half cause he was always in my freakin shadow!)... go figure.
He kept txting me so he'd come pick me up at my room to walk me to the pub, and insisted on walking me back too... for those of you who know me well you can guess that this didn't fly well with me.. I don't need a fuckin bodyguard and I'll go to the fuckin pub by myself when I decide to!

So that's how things were yesterday, I was getting really annoyed with him, but kept it civil knowing he'd be gone in 2 days (and sneaking to the bar behind his back to buy my pints!).
He kept asking me when I wanted to leave, saying he'd walk back with me, and I kept answering "I don't know when I'll leave". I managed to shake him off and talked with Max for a while, and with some of my classmates.
Then, he came out of nowhere, grabbed me and tried to kiss me. I never saw him coming, all I knew was that his face was pressing against mine and I couldn't move. I was pinned against the bar and when I told him stop and tried to push him away he didn't stop. I pushed him again and again, tried to turn my face away from his, but he was holding my head so I couldn't turn it. I was really starting to panic cause I realized he was too strong for me and I couldn't stop him. I managed to slide my fingers between my lips and his and poked my nails in his face. Suddenly he let go and ran away, leaving the pub.

I stayed rooted on the spot for about 2 minutes trying to wrap my head around what had just happened. The place was almost empty by then so no one saw it, except two guys who were now staring at me, looking as stunned as I felt. Guillaume arrived, then Max and Wayne, and I told them about it. We talked for a while and I walked back to the Center with Wayne... I saw Jimmy there and told him what happened. I ended up really pissed because all of them, except Max, tried to minimize Denzo's actions by saying "well you know he likes you and he was drunk and all.. it's not so bad.. it's hard for guys here you know..."
I got the same reaction from my classmates the next day... until I turned it over and asked them "ok, imagine he tried kissing you instead... pinning you to the bar so you can't move and kept on going even though you were fighting tooth and nail to get away... how would you feel?" Strangely they all changed attitude after that (fuckin men!!!)

Thing is, it didn't end there. When I was walking back with Wayne, Denzo started sending txt message. I didn't want to read it so I closed my phone. Back in my room, I couldn't sleep so I opened it again.. I had 2 voicemail and 10 txt. The first txts were mostly I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry... but then they turned angry "why aren't you answering, talk to me, don't be so hard" and the last two "if you don't answer me I'm gonna jump out the window" and "talk to me if you don't want someone else to die like Mike". ... ... ... ...
I thought of pushing him myself out of that fuckin window... but just closed my phone again instead.

How dare he used Mike's death as a threat?!!!! How fuckin pathetic is that?!!!! I just can't believe it!!!

Needless to say I didn't sleep much that night and felt like shit all day today. The worst was having all the guys dismissing it like it was nothing. He assaulted me for fuck sake!!! They reacted more to the fact that he threatened to kill himself and used Mike's death to get to me... Max (and Rob, as you'll see) was the only one to get it right away, all the others only got it when I told them to imagine themselves in my place.

By noon I couldn't fake normal behavior anymore and Rob asked me what was going on. I told him what happened and he was so angry! He said I should have told him right away cause then he could have gotten hold of him before he left. But just the fact that he called it assault without me mentioning it made me feel better. There are still some guys who have a brain in working order in this place. He's been around divers for a long time and he described them in very direct terms... Everything that happened in the last 2 weeks suddenly made a lot more sense.
He really is a great guy Rob... actually he's like an older, male version, of me :P He hates people in general, and says openly we should be allowed to shoot idiots. He looks like a biker, is a vegetarian, and he'll say whatever he wants or thinks, no matter how shocking it is. I like that :)

Denzo kept txting all day today and eventually I txtd back "F-U-C-K O-F-F". He replied that it was ok for me to say things like that but he wanted me to forgiving him... I didn't reply (duh!) and he eventually stopped with the txts.
He showed up at dinner tonight with the other guys, I only saw him from the corner of my eye, before they hushed him away.

Anyway, I'm not going out tonight and I'll go visit Mallaig tomorrow so I wont have to see him again before he leaves. But when I go home I'm definitely signing up for self-defense and martial arts classes... not being able to stop him was the scariest thing I've ever faced in my life. It will never happen again believe me!
It was in a public place and didn't go too far... but the thought of him wanting to walk me back to my room that night will keep me awake for a long time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha
thank sweety... But I think Rob took care of him... they're trying to see how long they can hold his sat certificate... less violent but very efficient to hit the wallet instead. See, he can't work without it :P