CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

:S

The food poisoning might have been a virus... I was better Friday but it came back with a vengeance on Saturday...
I'll spare you the details, lets just say I was half dead from Friday night to Sunday early morning and my throat is still sore from all the throwing up :(

I was barely feeling good enough to go to New Orleans on Sunday afternoon, but no way I was going to waste both days of my car rental :S I got it on Friday, thinking I was fine...

I did a swamp tour in Honey Island, just passed New Orleans. It was great, pictures will be up soon, but too cold for gators to show their snouts. I saw a lot of cool birds and the bayou by itself was beautiful.. in a creepy Ann Rice kinda way :P Next time I'll explore in a kayak though (if i can rent or bring one)... no motor noise, water level.. face to face with the gators :D

After the tour I went to the French Quarter to see Mel. We had happy hour at her hotel (alcohol-free in my case :S) and we walked along Bourbon St to find a place for dinner. We found an awesome bistro, Gumbo Shop, on St-Peter St. I still was a bit off so I only had a praline sunday :P Surprisingly enough it wasn't a mountain! 2 small scoops with homemade caramel... soooooo good!!!! I'll have to go back next weekend for a real meal...

The hydraulics course is much more fun this week. Our new teacher used to be a B-52 pilot... he has stories from here to next year!

I'm exactly halfway trough this training! 25 days gone, 24 days to go! :D

0 comments: