CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 21, 2010

It can never be simple

I was all pumped up at the idea of going back to the rig.. I was on 6-6 nights, would be working with the people I get along best with.. no changing schedule halfway, no not knowing what's going on.. all good and fluffy...

So, of course, it had to fuck up

When I got to the airport hotel, I was told the guy I'm releiving on the rig had been there earlier in the day huh?! and that he had canceled the reservation... Since I've been at this hotel regularly they just rebooked me for the night.

Once in the room, I checked my email.. to find out that I was supposed to go at the hotel downtown instead, cause the rig was down manning and I would be on standby, maybe going on the Osprey, maybe going to the shop... so I canceled the room, took a cab downtown and called the rig.

Somebody realized the lifeboats were planned with people weighting 75kg... a lot less than the average rig worker! so until they figure out what to do with this, they've sent about 20 people home.. and since I was coming today, they sent my opposite home a day early and I'm staying in St.John's.

So I'm going to the office tomorrow, and I have no idea what's gonna happen next. All my gear is on the rig so it will have to be sent in town if I'm going to work in the shop... but one thing is sure, my night shift is now history since one of the day guys will have to go on nights now and won't want to change back when if I get there >:(

not happy...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Steph

Welcome to life in the Oil industry!!!

Ian

bluefairie said...

are you telling me it's always gonna be like this?!
noooooooooooooooooo!!!! X/