CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 3, 2010

36h

I'M HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOME!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

My chopper flight was canceled after a day of waiting on 31st I was ho-so pissed!
Flight was canceled again on the 1st goddamn pilots were too hangover from the night before >:(

And I finally left the rig at 9am on the 2nd!

So my first day of 2010 started at 4:40pm (3pm Mtl time), worked until 6am, got on the chopper at 9am, waited at St.john's airport for my St.John's-Halifax-Mtl flight at 2:30pm.. there was a major snow storm in Halifax and many flights were canceled basically all flights that were coming from Halifax and back were grounded in Nova Scotia, but not mine!!! It was delayed by an hour though.
When we reach Halifax where I was suppose to get off the plane and transfer to one for Mtl we circled for 10 minutes, but the runway was snowed in, no way to land, so we carried on to Toronto!

In TO, that's where the fun really began... in the plane they said "people who were going to Halifax, when you get off the plane, go to gate 120 they'll tell you what to do". But when I got out the plane, a little lady was waiting for us and said "all luggage will be taken out, so you have to go get them first and we'll have a booth set up by the carousel to tell you where to go next".

Of course there was no booth by the carousel, so I went to ask at the "luggage trouble" counter, they told me to go on the 3rd floor at the Air Canada ticket counter.

Got there, waited in line, 15min later a guy told the line up that the Halifax people needed to go to the ground floor where a booth was set to sort things out (by then it was known that people wanting to go to Halifax were getting a hotel room and a rebook for a flight the next day).

Downstairs the line up was a mile long and not moving at all for the next 20 minutes... since I wanted to go to Mtl, not Halifax, and didn't need a goddamn hotel room, I eventually got pissed off of waiting pointlessly and left that line up to go back to the ticket counter where the line up had almost disappeared when everybody went to the ground floor :P.
Some guy in an Air Canada suit tried to tell me I was to go downstairs for my rebook, but he eventually coward away under my glacial stare I had been up for 29h by then and wasn't in the mood to take any bull**** from anyone.

After more wait and some magic tweaks from an awesome AC employee, I finally got a place on the 5pm flight to Mtl, even though it was now 7pm... all those flight delays finally played in my favor! I ran through security well not REALLY ran.. I'm not that crazy! and made it to the boarding counter... at gate 120 ... seriously...
Of course, boarding had not started yet... things were delayed some more...

The plane finally left TO at 8:30pm... got in Mtl an hour later... got my suitcase... found my car that my parents had left for me at the airport earlier that day and made it to Alex's party/dinner just in time for his classic coffee!

I was somewhat zombie-like by then, so I went home around midnight, unpacked my stuff, talked a bit with my family that had just arrived from a family party and went to bed at 3am... 36h after the beginning of a most definitely complicated day!

But what matters is... I made it to the last party of the Holidays!!! woohoo!!! XD

0 comments: