CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

wow!

The 30th Montreal Jazz Festival started today... and I'm just back from the first show... Stevie Wonder... all I can say is WOW!!!

I'm so glad my flight for St.John's is late tomorrow so I could go see this!!! The man is a legend, a talented, charismatic, generous one... and he gave such a great show!... what a voice! and the harmonica!!! its sound is so unique!!! He also paid a very touching tribute to Michael Jackson...

There is no word to describe tonight's show... it was a unique experience... you had to be there...

I filmed a coupe of songs, and part of the crowd dancing and singing. Maybe it will convey some of the electricity that was hovering around the stage...
If I have time tomorrow, I'll edit some of it and put it online.. if I don't have time it'll have to wait until I'm back home, in 3 weeks, because my laptop is too crappy for this kinda job...

worth to mention too:

In a my years of attending festivals I have never seen the place so full.. tv said 100 000 people were there, I say more than this! The show was live on one stage and presented on giant screens on 3 others all around the festival's site... and the crowd was piling up for miles in front of all of them! Never EVER has the Jazz Fest been so jampacked!
Even mother nature decided to attend! It stopped raining 5 minutes before the show, and the rain resumed 30 seconds after the last song... I call that being in good term with the higher powers :P
(and may I make a point of this : it was RAINING until 5 minutes before the show... and STILL it was the biggest crowd in history... I'm just flabbergasted at the proportion this night took!)

0 comments: