CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 3, 2009

finally made it!

I finally made it to the rig! I left Wednesday night but it seems like a week ago!

The flight was late due to thunderstorms so I got in St.John's at 2am, thinking the helicopter flight was at 11:45am... but guess what, it had been switched to 6:30am! I went to the hotel for a one hour nap, then went to the heliport. That was still good, cause I could sleep all day when I got to the rig...

I had to do a fit test for the flying suit, which I failed (actually, the suit failed) cause I couldn't get a seal around my face, meaning water would go in if I ended up in the water. That meant I couldn't go to the rig by helicopter (even though I came back in one last time, now that they started this fit test procedure loads of people are being turned down and will have to have a suit custom made).

After a bit of waiting, I was allowed to go back to the hotel and sleep another 3 hours, then I went to the company who makes the suits, and they took my measurements to have one made just for me ladida!

After that, more waiting, then off to the boat for an allnighter trip to the rig. I slept in bunches a couple of hours at a time on the worst mattress in history when the mattress feels like a boxspring you know there's a problem there! I frog lifted on the rig around 1pm, emptied my suitcase and it was time to go to work... I just started and I'm already exhausted! I like the rig better to work, compared to the boat.. more flying, more people, better beds!, but the traveling to get there just sucks!!! Nothing's perfect I guess :P
but thanx to my goldfish-like short term memory, I will soon forget about this and just enjoy being here hehe

ok breaks over, let's get this thing in the water! weeeeeee :)

0 comments: