CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 29, 2009

ready... set... ... ... no go...

Helicopters have been grounded since Monday! And weather out there has been awful so no boat transfers were possible either.
I've also been told this morning that the rig is under tow... which would explain why I couldn't reach anybody by phone last night at 1am when I got in St.John's and had no idea when my flight was since there was 12! of them listed on Cougar's website.
So I went to the heliport at 7am, to be told the chances of me going out today were about as likely as a heat wave in the North Atlantic...

On a good day it's possible to squeeze 6 flights... but today only 4 have gone, though there is still time for more before sundown.

So I might go tomorrow evening... or not :P

Somehow it's a lot less frustrating to be stuck in a hotel at the beginning of a hitch than stuck on the rig at the end of one... and since I was delayed going home by 4 days last time, I wont even feel bad about it! :) call it karmic equilibrium

0 comments: