CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

unpack that suitcase...

...you're not going anywhere!

I spent yesterday washing/packing my stuff, since I was due to go back to St.John's today...

Today, I waited for the plane ticket to arrive (it's always last minute so I don't sweat it anymore), but when it wasn't in yet at 12h30 I wrote to the coordinator in St.John's to know what time I was leaving... the reply was : You're not...

They are super busy on the rig so they're keeping more experienced people longer and I'll be going next week, leaving July 1st...

o... k...

Could anyone have let me know this at some point?... like... I don't know... YESTERDAY?!!

I lost a whole day packing and running errands and 3 weeks being sad I'd miss the St-Jean BBQ.. and now I'll get to go, but I have nothing ready for it!!!
and I have to change all my appointments I made (because, of course, I'll be back in Montreal a week later than I thought)... how easy do you think it will be to reschedule an MRI? :S
and I wont be back in time to see the RBO tribute I bought tickets for (another 200$ in the trash)

I know, I know, there's just no pleasing me... but, really, I'm really glad I'll be here for la St-Jean (really!)... I just wish I'd known I'd be here a bit before...

The OCL guys keep telling me this is how it works when you're ROV, you miss everything all the time... but they all have fixed schedule! they know 3 months in advance what they'll miss and what they won't... they can plan ahead somewhat...

I have the strange feeling I'm being jerked around like some useless piece of equipment...

:S

0 comments: