CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 18, 2008

London

A day in Camden town.. love the look on that guy's face, all impressed by the mohawk :P

Already a week in London! And only one week to go before I come home :( ...not that I don't want to see you all again, but it's fun here... (on the bright side I'll finally be able to empty my 3 tons suitcase of all the whisky and shortbreads :P)

Last weekend, I went with Nila to her sister's house, north of London, in the country. We had a bbq, drank wine and practiced target shooting in the backyard with her boyfriend's gun :) We then went to the airfield where they work (they're both pilots) and had a look at the planes.

During the week I went to Kingston and Richmond, visited Hampton Court and got lost in the giant maze they have in the palace gardens.

In London itself, I walked around quite a bit, but I feel like a hobo everywhere I go outside of Camden Town. People are so fashionable it's not even funny! But they are also very cold and snobish... all the women look like they have something smelly under their noses.

Camden is different... that's where all the long hair/dressed in black/hippy/rockabilly/rasta dudes hang out... basically it's where all the beautiful people are. And it's also where the Stables Market is, the closest thing to a souk you can find North of Marakesh. It goes from Chalk Farm to Camden. Stalls after stalls of clothes, food, decoration, a whole section for antics and vintage clothes... a girl could go nuts in this place! I remember going there last time I was in London, but either I had a memory lapse or the place has quintuple in size since then. I remembered the Black Rose being the biggest goth store of the place, with not much around it.. now it looks teeny and lost in the middle of a million other stores.
I did my best to control myself, but got a couple of new tops that were too good to pass :P and bargained the prices so they were still a good deal despite the dreadful money exchange rate.

Tomorrow I'm going to visit the tower of London with Nila and then we're having tea at the royal garden hotel (we were suppose to do it on Saturday but it was cold and rainy so we postponed it).

Tuesday I'm flying to Holland to see Monique, until Saturday. Then it's back to London for the weekend.... then home.... Booooooo!!! Hopefully I'll get a job soon and bugger off towards the ocean again. :)

I've sent about 70 cvs all over the world (literally!) , got some answers.. mostly
"we-are-not-looking-for-employees-at-the-moment-call-back-later-thank-you" but a couple of people in Ontario and one in Florida (the treasure hunters!!!! YAY!!!) said they might have new projects soon and they were keeping my infos not too far to call me again in a couple of weeks. cross fingers and toes... go FLORIDA!!!!!

1 comments:

Zygoth said...

Le treasur hunter... c'est pour toi ça!!! Weehee!!!