CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 4, 2008

I'M A PILOT!!!! (for real)

both graduating rov groups
1st row : Paul (teacher), Simone, Guillaume, Cathrina (other group), Jeff(other gr), Steeve (t)
2nd row: Gareth, guy in other gr.,me, Robin, Tom, guy in other gr., Kevin, Slawec, Rob (t)

I did it! I'm an ROV pilot/technician grade II!

I don't know where the last two weeks have gone... I blinked and it was over :S and now I'm suffering from ROV withdrawal... I better get a job fast cause I already miss flying my robots!

We had a little ceremony Friday... speech, diplomas, group pictures... it was fun, but now it's a bit sad to see everyone go. I'm the only one from my class left at the Center this weekend.

The weeks of flying have been really fun! Stressful and demanding, but excellent. I got a lot of numbers and contacts from people here to start looking for jobs. Some say it'll be really easy to get hired others say it might take 3-4 months-but-don't-give-up-you'll-find-something... we'll see how things turns out...

For my last night in town I went out with the divers from Lindy's class. They had been pub crawling since noon when I joined them at 8pm.... We did Crofter then Volunteers arms. They were on fire and I laughed my ass off all night. I have some compromising pictures of them, that will be put on my last Fort William album soon. :) Sham was especially funny, I just learn that his new nickname is paki smurf (because he is of indian descent and the overalls at the center are smurf blue). When he said it I nearly chocked on my Guinness! You kinda have to know the guy to understand... I'll explain in person when I get home :P

I've met so many great guys (and a couple of girls too :P) in my 7 weeks here I'm still a bit dizzy... but it's reassuring for future jobs if the people at the center are representative of what I'll see offshore. Most of them were great, a couple were completely awesome and just a few were idiots...

So this is it.. all my bags are packed, I'm ready to go. Next step, Aberdeen. 3 days of firefighting and escaping sinking helicopter...

Good bye Fort William, it's been, if not always fun, at least eventful and interesting... and who knows, I might just get back around here one of these days.... so many whiskys I haven't tried yet ;)

0 comments: