CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I'm back!

Yep, I'm home... for now... ;)

My last week in London and Holland was funpacked (hence the non-writing of this blog :P)

I left Wednesday to go to Holland, where I met Monique.. I had grand plans of frying my brain solid for 3 days.. but got an email from a placement agency, the day I arrived, saying they had openings for jobs and was I still available... HELL YEAH!!!! the choices were 2 weeks in Qatar (I checked, women are recognized as human being there so I could go without wanting to kill everybody after 5 sec), 4 weeks in the UK or 2+ weeks in Norway. I replied immediately saying YES GIMME A JOB PLEASE! Only thing is, when you go offshore, you have to pass a drug test... so I was denied the spacecake I dearly wanted, and passed my frustration with 2 days of compulsive shopping instead.

The day before I left, I finally got a reply from the agency... sorry, we cannot place you anywhere, you don't have enough experience.. but we do keep your cv on file and if anything comes up we will contact you ... errr WHAT?!?!? why the fuck did you send me the email in the first place then?!??!?! >:S
best explanation is that it was a mass email and they didn't check the details of the people they were sending it to... damnit!!!

That night I went out with Monique and her friends (lovely people!) and we got completely pissed and danced til 3am, while watching the local fauna of tall, muscular, blond guys :P

Which brings me to my 2 main observations about Leiden (not to generalized for the whole of the Netherlands)... 70% of the population is blond! and all couples are color coded! not only by skin color, but hair and eyes too! blond hair/blue eyes together, blond hair/brown eyes, brown hair/brown eyes. Every single couples I've seen were matched like this, expect for 3, 2 of them being tourists (they didn't speak dutch) and I didn't hear the last one talk so I cant say for sure...
After the ultra-multi-cultural London mix it felt very weird indeed...

On the bright side, people are sooo tall!!! Guys AND girls!!! which means that all the clothes are long enough and they always have my size in shoe stores!!! ho happy days!!!!
Found so many beautiful things during my shopping spree... some of them I brought back, others I will go back for after I'm done with my first job (and have cashed my first paycheck :P).

But (I'm talking to the girls here) don't get your hopes up too much about Dutchmen... seems like they have a problem with the whole dating/meeting women...
Girls cant make the first move or they feel emasculated and run away :S but they wont go and talk to a girl because their ego is too fragile to face the possibility of rejection... so they prefer not to risk it, unless they're sure the girl is interested in them...
So what you have to do is look at them, and make eye contact just long enough so they know you've notice them, but not too long so they don't feel threatened... and then they will come talk to you, thinking they made the first move... and we thought WE had problems lol!!!
All Monique's friends were fed up with the guys there (I suggested they move to Montreal... they were all extremely beautiful, models type, who would cause riots anywhere in North America.. but were being completely ignored in Leiden.. go figure...)

Back in London I went to Camden Town one last time.. found a huge techno store (how on earth did I miss it the other times I have no idea!!!! with the black lights and blaring music you'd think it obvious enough...). It's called Cyberdog... when lsd goes retail this is what you can expect as a result.. mental place! got a shirt.. and the website for future purchases :P

So that concludes my adventure in European territory...
lovely to be back, couldn't wait to empty my 3 tons suitcase, cant wait to see all you guys again and party at the new Passeport!!!

but I also cant wait to receive that phone call/email that will ask me to leave again, and get paid to do so for a change...

in the meantime.. let's get pissed!!! ;)

0 comments: