CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I'm alive!!!

I made it to the rig Saturday night...

I'm on the midnight to noon shift.. weird but surprisingly easy to get used to.. and waaaaaay better than the blasted 6am-6pm bullcrap I had to put up with for the past 3 hitches!!!
.... and when the guy doing noon to midnight goes home next week, I'll take his spot :)

The rig is now working for another oil company... who has a very weird concept of web access something like it's 1999, hackers will take over the world aaaaaaaarg!!!! We no longer have full internet in our control van, all emails site have been blocked, so has the log in part of this blog meaning I can read it, but not write it... Obviously I found a way around that I will not be silenced!! hehe but it's a lot less convenient... so for the next week or so, I might not post as often.

In other news, we have a xmas tree in the cafeteria, decorations in the halls, and singing snowmen in our control van... plus loads of candies to munch on while we monitor the structures subsea....

Christmas time offshore ain't so bad as long as you don't start thinking about all the fun you're missing on land the shopping, baking, decorating, partying, eggnogging...

0 comments: