CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 23, 2008

An abrupt start

I nearly died yesterday

I was going to the Linkin Park show, and was driving on the highway which was very snowy and slippery. I was about to take the exit for the Victoria brigde, when the truck in front of me, who was also taking the exit, started breaking like mad. He made a sharp right, and right there in front, was a car on its roof, and a guy standing next to it!

I tried breaking... no can do.. too slippery, I wasn't even slowing down! So at a speed of 80 km/h, I had the choice between smashing into a concrete divider (between highway and exit), an upside down car, a guy or the truck who had come to a stop, blocking the exit completely. None of those choices were options, so I turned the wheel like mad to the left, looked quickly if someone was coming on the highway, there was but in the second lane!, and miraculously drifted slowly on the ice and snow, missed the upside down car and concrete divider by mere inches, and got back on the highway, swaying like mad but still in one piece.

The SUV following me wasn't that lucky and smashed into the car... which means I would have been squashed between the two :S

Not exactly what I was wishing for when I said the weekend would kick ass.

0 comments: